Aloe vera is a plant that is praised for the powerful healing and medicinal effects it provides. It has been used for hundreds of years in many cultures. Aloe vera is a very thick plant with short stem that accumulates water in the leaves and today many cosmetic companies use aloe vera in some of its form in their products.
Most of them use Aloe Vera gel obtained from the tissue s found in aloe vera leaves. This gel is packed with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids and other nutrients that have incredible effects on human skin. Even though there are many articles dedicated to Aloe vera, it is always a good idea to summarize some of the best health benefits that this plant brings.
1. Aloe Vera Provides Antibacterial and Antioxidant Effects
Aloe vera is a plant that comes with strong natural antioxidant that are part of the Polyphenol family. Aloe vera has polyphenols that have the ability to block the spreading and growth of bacteria that can lead to inflammation and infections in different body parts.
2. Aloe Vera Speeds Up The Healing of Burns
This plant is often used as an external cure to heal burns and sores and it has proven to be especially effective in cases of sunburns. Numerous scientific studies have shown that Aloe Vera is able to lower the time needed for healing burns. As a matter of fact, it will take nine days less to heal burns compared to the use of conventional medicine.
3. Aloe Vera Keeps us Safe from Wrinkles and Fine Lines
A few clinical trials have shown that regular use of aloe vera gel externally has the ability to slow down the natural process of skin aging. One scientific study which included about 30 women that were 45 (or more) years old have concluded that external use of this gel can boost collagen production and enhance elasticity and smoothness of skin after three months.
4. Aloe Vera Eliminates Acne and Blemishes
The gel made from this plant can act as a completely natural remedy for acne scarring and acne. As we have already mentioned, Aloe Vera provides antimicrobial effects and these effects keep us safe from acne and lower inflammation and redness caused by acne.
5. Aloe Vera Acts as a Moisturizer
This plant can also be used instead of commercial lotion for moisturizing the skin every day. Aloe vera makes the skin softer and cleaner without blocking the pores and it is equally useful for women and men.
Healthy Aloe Vera Mask
If you use aloe vera each day, you can expect to get a softer skin and attractive glow. At the same time, aloe vera will ease redness and inflammation. Our suggestion is to check this amazing Aloe vera mask and make it a daily routine. Your skin will become healthier almost instantly.
- Clean the plant – use cold water to clean the plant and pay special attention to every leaf.
- Make the leaves softer – simply press the aloe vera leaves carefully in order to make them softer.
- Cut the aloe vera leaves – use a knife to cut them in half (you can also cut them in four or more pieces) and use as many as you want/need.
- Cut the edges of the leaves – use a knife to remove the edges of each leaf both up and down so you can peel them in a simpler way later.
- Split the aloe vera leaves – you can use a knife or just your hands to perform this activity. Take a spoon to remove the juice and place it in a bowl.
- Cover your face – with the help of your hands, take the aloe vera juice and use it directly on the face. Wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash – after that, peel the mask and use lukewarm water to wash the face.
- Dry – take a clean towel to dry the face and check your new appearance in the mirror!
Source Healthy Food House